ST.LOUIS, Mo. - Dot Foods, the nation's largest food redistributor, recently announced several promotions at the company's 2012 National Business Meeting. Over 1,200 employees and their spouses traveled from Dot's eight distribution centers to the Hyatt Regency at the Arch in St. Louis. The annual conference provides company leadership the opportunity to share success stories and an update on business and the forecast for 2012. During the nearly weeklong event, employees were recognized for their hard work and successes.
"Our meeting is held annually in order to share our final results, present next year's plan and recognize the entire team for what they have accomplished," said John Tracy, chief executive officer, Dot Foods. "The success of our company depends on the leadership within our organization. While some other companies are cutting events like this, we see this as an investment in our culture and the future of our company."
On Sat., Jan. 28, Tracy announced recent promotions company-wide:
- Rocky Vecera was promoted to warehouse manager in Cambridge City, Ind.
- Mike Ford was promoted to warehouse manager in Ardmore, Okla. (photo available at http://budurl.com/MFord)
- Nick Bowman was promoted to corporate slotting manager in Modesto, Calif. (photo available at http://budurl.com/NBowman)
- Lee Leffers was promoted to director of retail business development in Mt. Sterling, Ill. (photo available at http://budurl.com/Leffers)
- Kelly O'Donnell was promoted to vice president of business development in Mt. Sterling, Ill. (photo available at http://budurl.com/ODonnell)
- Mandi Clark was promoted to convenience channel sales manager in St. Louis, Mo. (photo available at http://budurl.com/MClark)
- Colin Houchins was promoted to senior business development manager in St. Louis, Mo. (photo available at http://budurl.com/Houchins)
Following these announcements, New York Timesbest-selling author Jeff Zaslow spoke to the audience. Zaslow's writing includes The Last Lecture, GABBY: A Story of Courage and Hope, and The Highest Duty. In addition, employees and spouses attending the conference also were treated to dinner and a private show at The Fox Theater by Second City, a famous sketch comedy group, with alumni including Tina Fey, John Belushi and Mike Meyers.
Several photos from the event can be found at:
- http://budurl.com/DOTNBM (Jeff Zaslow inspires employees of Dot Foods)
- http://budurl.com/DOTNBM2 (Dot Foods Vice President of Foodservice, Dick Tracy presents at the National Business Meeting)
- http://budurl.com/DOTNBM3 (Employees celebrated at the Fox Theater in St. Louis, Mo.)
Dot Foods Inc. carries 100,000 products from 700 food industry manufacturers and is the largest food redistributor in the United States. Dot Foods distributes foodservice, convenience, retail and vending food products, equipment and supplies to distributors in all 50 states. Dot Foods operates eight distribution centers in: Modesto, Calif.; Vidalia, Ga.; Burley, Idaho; Mt. Sterling, Ill.; Cambridge City, Ind.; Williamsport, Md.; Liverpool, N.Y.; and Ardmore, Okla. For information, visit www.dotfoods.com.